Friday, February 13, 2009

. : * Roll with the punches* : .

So I'm really not surprised by what happens in my life anymore. I really wouldn't be surprised if somehow the CIA showed up at my door and arrested me for being a suspect in a terrorist plot. Would I be? No. Would I be surprised they thought so? No. Why? Because that would just be something that happened to me. I probably wouldn't even get incredibly upset at this point either. I'd probably be totally calm in the situation too. In fact, as I made my one phone call to my parents, I'd probably start laughing when I told them what happened. It's just something that would happen to me.
Now, people have told me to stop saying things like that, otherwise things will keep happening, but really, I don't think like that. It's just when things happen that I think that way. I am a positive person, determined to move on with life (for the most part) and make the most of it, but things just happen to me.
For instance, I thought I had this FABULOUS nanny job. Turned out to be a scam. I had given the people my account number to wire my wages directly into my checking account. Well, yesterday I found out they somehow got into the Wells Fargo database, took out two forms of ID in my name, got my signature, and more than likely got my SSN. Well, with that info they went into the branch I actually opened the account at and used those two forms of ID , signed a withdrawl slip in front of the teller with MY signature they saw on my account, and withdrew all of the money from the account. Needless to say I had to file a claim with the bank, put myself on fraud alert, and file a police report.
Fun day for me! Was I angry? Yes. Was I surprised? No, not really. Since it was a scam in the first place, why not have people steal my identity too? It would just happen to me.
Roll with the punches people...you just have to roll with the punches and hope you get one in every once in awhile.

No comments: