Sunday, November 30, 2008

Moving On

So things are going well. On Tuesday I finally got the call that one of the people I was wanting to room with in Salt Lake wanted me to move in. This next week is the big move. The next day I landed a job in Draper at a day spa! I was worried about how to move my stuff, but I talked to my friend Sarah and she offered to help me with her boyfriend's truck. It all just sort of fell into place. I haven't had things fall into place so easily in a long time. It makes me think something's wrong...haha. No, I'm just kidding. It makes me feel so good to know I will finally be doing what I was trained to do in school.

I had a bit of a self identity crisis and decided to get my hair done. No worries, I didn't shave my head. Mom wasn't sure about it at first, but she admitted it's growing on her. It's cute, I like it regardless.

Thanksgiving was alright. It was good to see some family. There were some hard moments throughout the day. I couldn't get control of my thoughts and it kept running through my head that if I had Kate she'd be getting passed around and people would tell me how adorable she is. I started crying and had to stir the green bean casserole to get my mind off of it.

Well, here's a couple pics of my new hair! WOOHOO! Oh yes, and my little nephew Jack...he's pretty adorable all dressed up for the cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An accidental finding...this blog. I'm not sure if you want me here or if you want this place kept private, but I stumbled upon it while reviewing my blog hits tonight. Just tell me if you'd like me to go away. :)

But...in the meantime I took some time to read your thoughts. I think you should know that I find you brave beyond words. I'm proud, I'm sad, I'm thankful I know you. I suspect you will indeed struggle with your decision for awhile. But in the end I suspect you made the right one. And I'm endlessly proud of your willingness to put aside your own desires and give Kate something she will always thank you for. She is loved by you for always, she is loved by her family for always. Two beautiful gifts.

Good luck with your move to SLC and your new job. Good luck with your continued journey into adulthood. You are beautiful and I love you!

Heather