Tuesday, November 18, 2008

An Endless War

Love is an endless war...

It's an absolutely INCREDIBLE song by my friend Logan Heftel. It makes me think about everything that has happened in my life that has shaped me to be who I am today. All of the crappy experiences with amazing outcomes.
I am happy to say I have had many ahem...growing experiences in life. While every one of them seems like something tragic or life stopping, every one of them has taught me so much. I am so happy with every choice I have made in life. Everything comes around full circle and ends up how it's supposed to be. I firmly believe in that.
I look back on how I used to be say five/six years ago and I'm disgusted with who I was. I feel like I am polar opposites with that person. I would have hated who I am now. I would have been disgusted with everything about who I am. Now, I can't imagine living my life the way I thought I was going to.
It's funny how you think you have life figured out and then one day you wake up and realize it's all just a false sense of security. Life is wonderful.
Now love really is an endless war. No matter what you do you can never figure it out. There's always twists and turns you will never be able to prepare yourself. It's wonderful to know you will always have it in your life though. As long as you allow love to enter into your world, you can always have love. It's important. That's all.











Love Is An Endless War

by Logan Heftel

I used to be so sure, I used to be so bold, I used to be so certain for no reason I suppose
Now I wonder about me and about you
and about those who stood a condescending contrapose,
Just waiting for the fall, waiting for it all to come crashing down
Now it may be that love's an endless war
I'll be waiting for you, waiting for this time we're living for
Now we may be off and on some more
Be the days or years between us when we're back it's like before
We used to be so pure, we used to feel so old,
Had it all planned out 30 years out from this life we would not own
Now I wonder about me and I wonder about you
And about why we;re so far off yet it all seems right
I'm breathing through it all checking for your call, I hope you know I'm there
Even if they're saying that loves an endless war
I'll be waiting for you, waiting for this time we're living for
We may be off and on some more
Be the days or years between us when we're back it's like before
Even when we didn't talk about it, I was thinking I'd forget about it
But deep down I found, it really isn't all that complicated
Time spent without you got me thinking more about what we've created
And its the good times now when I think of you
It may be that love's an endless war
I'll be waiting for you, waiting for this time we're living for
We may be off and on some more
Be the days or years between us, when we're back it's like before
And it may be that loves an endless war
I'll be waiting for you, waiting for this time we're living for
We may be off and on some more
Be the days or years between us when we're back it's like before.

No comments: