Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Lost Friend

K, so______I decided it officially blows when a friend you've shared pretty much everything with decides to not be such a good friend anymore. Like one of those friends you can actually talk about stuff with. You know, the mysteries of the universe. I've had this happen to me several times over the last year or so, and it doesn't get easier. I have found a few people I really connect with on an intellectual/spiritual level and every single time it seems to turn around and slap me in the face.
The secrets shared, everything, it's like it was nothing. When you feel like you have somebody understand you so well, only to find out they really don't, it hurts. Not just that, but because they do know you pretty well they tend to say things that will hurt the most. I'm targeting several people in this little rant. Namely, Mike and Jeff as of late. Yes, I'm saying it, I've been hurt significantly by two people that mean a lot to me.
I've come to accept the fact that Jeff is probably never going to be in my life, which blows, cuz he is a good guy. It just sucks that he can't see how this 'horrible' thing, aka having a child together, could be such a positive thing for him. It has ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me, and because I still care I wish he could share in that same joy.
Mike, well, all I have to say about that is I was always right about everything with him. I always knew exactly what he was thinking and what he was trying to say without words. I never guessed he could be happy for me. That's it.
I hate it when I still care about that people that hurt me the most. As the Rascal Flatts song says, "What hurts the most, is being so close. Having so much to say, and watching you walk away." That's right, that's what hurts the most. I agree completely. I've said my piece...and that's the end of it.

No comments: